Feeling sleepy and sluggish occasionally isn’t unusual. However, if these symptoms continue to occur over long periods, and seem to interfere with work, school, and your relationships, you may be dealing with something called excessive daytime sleepiness.
The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) has found that as many as 20% of people experience excessive daytime sleepiness, making it the number one complaint of those who go to sleep clinics to receive treatment. Daytime sleepiness isn’t a disorder in and of itself, but it can be a symptom of conditions that may be much more dire, such as obstructive sleep apnea or narcolepsy. It can also be a side-effect of your medication or poor sleep habits.
The NSF notes that people who have excessive daytime sleepiness are:
- Frequently tired or unable to stay awake during the day
- Unable to enjoy or fully participate in life activities
- Are unable to be productive at work and often make mistakes
AcuScript Pharmacy, your reliable Local Pharmacy in Texas, advises patients with the condition to do the following things in order to cope with excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Keep a regular sleep routine.
- Turn off the TV and other electronic devices before bed.
- Don’t nap too long and avoid caffeinated drinks.
- Maintain a quiet, comfortable bedroom.
- If needed, buy medication from the nearest Pharmacy in Grand Prairie, Texas
If you ever need services from a pharmacy near Texas, you may contact us here.
Our Independent Pharmacy offers a variety of products and services meant to cater to any of your medication needs.