Medications indeed offer a multitude of benefits to people of all ages. However, they could also have potentially harmful health effects if they unintentionally wind up in the wrong hands. Every year, nearly 50,000 kids under the age of five are rushed into emergency rooms for poisoning after getting ahold of medicine.
Parents must take precautionary measures to prevent this from happening to their little ones, from prescription medications to supplements.
If you require guidance on accomplishing this, we at AcuScript Pharmacy are here to lend you a hand! Being a tried-and-true pharmacy in Grand Prairie, Texas, we strive to help the community not only through our services but also by making relevant information accessible to the public.
Here are some of our suggestions as a trusted retail pharmacy for storing your medications to increase your children’s safety:
- Utilize containers with safety caps when storing medications, and make sure to keep them out of your children’s reach.
- Consider buying a safe for ideal medication storage.
- Keep all the medications in their original packaging (whether it may be OTC or prescription drugs) and store them in locked cabinets.
- Place your medications back in their storage after utilizing them. Never leave your child alone when you take your medications out of storage.
- Remind your loved ones and visitors to secure their medicines properly on their bags or purses so as not to have them within a child’s reach.
Have access to a high-quality local pharmacy in Texas with us!